Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I know next to nothing about the newest Camaros. My apologies if this is a commonly asked question.

So a guy here in Japan was letting his newly licensed daughter drive his 2010 Camaro SS. You can guess the inevitable result.

Fortunately, while the body and suspension bits are trashed, the engine and tranny escaped relatively unscathed.

He just bought himself a 1968 Camaro convertible, and is now wanting to transplant the 2010 engine and tranny into the 68.

Does anyone make conversion kits for this type of swap?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
A few of us have done this type of swap. There's a lot of info out there, do your research.

The best advice I can give is to match all your swap components from the same company. A lot of people sell individual components, but they don't always work well with each other.

·
14,482 Posts
Is this something that can even be done and driven in Japan? I thought they have pretty goofy laws on things like this

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,662 Posts
Where are you located? I have a friend that has an LS based 70 Nova in Okinawa that could be of help.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info. Mkelcy, within the thread you linked, there is a link to a thread to an ongoing LS3 swap into a 68 using a new kit from Holley. The thread has lots of pictures, which is perfect for this Japanese guy. Vega$69, swapping newer stuff into older cars and passing inspection, while difficult, is possible. Especially if you know a professional inspection agent whom knows someone at the government inspection center. I've one whom takes care of my 67 with its several "issues." The guy with the trashed 2010 lives quite a distance away from me, but looking at his Facebook photos its clear he has a similar connection. 130fe, I'm located near Tokyo, but the guy with the trashed 2010 lived in Nara, which is about 350 miles away and near Osaka. Both places are really far away from Okinawa, which is a fairly distant island.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts