Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Camaro LT4 build @GoolsbyCustoms
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking for a clean aftermarket or dealer modified 5th Gen Camaro. I came really close on a SLP ZL575 but ended up with 2011 Berger SS.

I bought it used from Berger Chevrolet – it was previously owned by an employee. In 2011 Berger modified about 25 SS Coupes with suspension upgrades, Forgeline wheels, Magnuson supercharger (550hp), stainless chambered exhaust, Hurst billet “short throw” shifter, Houndstooth seats, painted stripes along with some other upgrades. I guess I’ve now learned what 5th Gen owners already know – this car hauls and is really fun to drive.

I flew up to Grand Rapids a few weeks ago to check out the car and even though I was purchasing a “used car” the Berger folks went out of their way to pick me up at the airport, tour me around the whole dealership and shared some history from back in the day. It’s great to see one of the original performance dealerships still modifying cars and having fun doing it.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
That is exactly the way I picture a 5th Gen. I don't know why GM doesn't use the same stripe kit and rear spoiler. It just make the car look much better.
I would have black stripes on mine but the color is perfect and I love the interior, with the houndstooth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve been looking for a clean aftermarket or dealer modified 5th Gen Camaro. I came really close on a SLP ZL575 but ended up with 2011 Berger SS.

I bought it used from Berger Chevrolet – it was previously owned by an employee. In 2011 Berger modified about 25 SS Coupes with suspension upgrades, Forgeline wheels, Magnuson supercharger (550hp), stainless chambered exhaust, Hurst billet “short throw” shifter, Houndstooth seats, painted stripes along with some other upgrades. I guess I’ve now learned what 5th Gen owners already know – this car hauls and is really fun to drive.

I flew up to Grand Rapids a few weeks ago to check out the car and even though I was purchasing a “used car” the Berger folks went out of their way to pick me up at the airport, tour me around the whole dealership and shared some history from back in the day. It’s great to see one of the original performance dealerships still modifying cars and having fun doing it.

Love the looks of that Camaro just not a big fan of the rims;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts