Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Celebrate 50 years of Camaro by entering the Winter Project Edition of the RIDE of the MONTH Contest.

Entries this month must be of your cars winter garage projects.

We will be voting on the scope and scale of the projects completed this winter. Before and after pictures of the project(s) are your nominations.

They can be full throttle frame off or simple restoration and refreshing projects. The key is that the project needs to have been started after October 2016 and current state of the project needs to be documented with one photo of the project that has date stamp or has a verifiable newspaper or magazine cover to track date.

The Team Camaro Ride Of The Month is sponsored by

And​

One Grand Prize Winner receives from NPD:
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

The First Runner-up receives from CoverCraft.com their choice of:
DashMat or SunScreen

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through March 19th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition for this month

VOTING:

March 20th through the 25th : A Voting thread with poll will be added to this forum section on the 20th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 25th of March will be the winner of the Winter Project of 2017!

Note changes for this month:

Rules for nominations

All enties Must post at least three (3) photos of the project , before, during and after. The final after photo MUST have either an embeded camera date stamp or you must have in the photo a verifiable magazine or news paper cover. The owner need not appear holding the photo.
ALL PHOTOS sized to 640 x 480 pixels.
Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.
Must include a description of the vehicles project description, i.e. "New TMI interior installed", or "New Sound system", or "Battery relocation", or "Full LED bulb swap",...in short any project you have started this winter and hopefully will finish before hitting the road in April or May this year.

Final Notes: There will also be a wreck of the month contest for April.

Reactions: ak67

·
19,904 Posts
Been looking forward for this one.....lots of projects on here :yes:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Me too and a great way to motivate the lazy bears hibernating all winter in the garage. ;)

As stated no project is too small or too large just as long as it was started this winter and you have photos - So get on it.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Great idea, looking forward to seeing what guys are doing.

For me, bad timing! I'm just finishing up on my long awaited Power Steering change-over. Started it last month and I'm making some final adjustments as of this post. I didn't take any pictures. Oh well...

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Would a screen shot of your phone depicting the chronological date when it was taken suffice? I have some great pics but no proof to back up the October '16 pics other than when my phone says it was taken.

Reactions: rgwiz

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that would qualify as a date stamp.

For others wondering if they have enough proof that they started the project this winter... make photo copies of your invoices for parts etc with personal address and payment details blacked out then take a picture of that showing the parts and the date.

The whole point is to make sure the project was started this winter and hopefully will be finished before the spring roll up of the garage doors for the first cruise.

Brian

·
Registered
1967 Camaro
619 Posts
I'll give it a shot, I stripped the interior out and cleaned up the floor pans and painted them. I painted the dash, installed a stereo, fixed the wiring in the dash (it was a rats nest). New gasket around passengers side vent window, new handles on the kick panels, adjusted the windows so they would seal and roll up and down. I have a lot left to do but I only get a few hours a week to work on it.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Yeah that would qualify as a date stamp.

For others wondering if they have enough proof that they started the project this winter... make photo copies of your invoices for parts etc with personal address and payment details blacked out then take a picture of that showing the parts and the date.

The whole point is to make sure the project was started this winter and hopefully will be finished before the spring roll up of the garage doors for the first cruise.

Brian
Well, I got the major parts from a member here so no receipt. The other parts like hoses, brackets, pulley, and belt was purchased last spring (I think).

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got the major parts from a member here so no receipt. The other parts like hoses, brackets, pulley, and belt was purchased last spring (I think).
Any email or PM back and forth between you and the other member discussing the parts transaction, or any other verifiable photos before October showing the project area? There must be some way to prove you started the project this winter even if it is by subtraction. :)

Brian

Reactions: rgwiz

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I have a question here Brian, I started my winter project in November 2016 (had the car longer) but I sent the car out to a shop for some metal work. Am I still eligible ?? Thx

Yes you are and consider it entered.
Here are some pics.

A few more.

New 8.5 rear with 373's and Hotchkis rear sway bar and leafs installed. Engine bay waiting desperately for the LS3. :wink2:

I think I have the DBW bracket figured out.

Attachments

Reactions: 69-Pace

·
Registered
446 Posts
How how 10 year "winter projects"?

I have a few nominees I would love to see get finished this spring

·
Registered
437 Posts
I started in November and ended Feb. My time stamp could be my entry on this forum or I can take another photo?
Can anyone tell me how to make these photos smaller?

RamJet 350 with Richmond 5 speed and stock gauges, suspension and brakes
Replaced with LS3 480, Tremec Magnum 6 speed, Dakota Digital gauges, Wilwood brakes and RideTech front suspension

The old engine taken out and gave to a friend!

Tangled mess of wires, some are now rerouted

Here are the mounts for the new engine in place

New wiring harness with some wires tucked away now

There She is: March Performance accessory system

Tremec Magnum 6 speed

right before engine placement

right after she was shoehorned in

ended up taking the quarter panel off for access and placement of the computer

Bottom view with the tranny installed

Hole in the same place as prior, just sealed it up

Wilwood brakes

Dakota Digital dash and console

custom fan mount

tried the flexible stainless hose at first but looked like a vacuum hose :{

I'm now putting together a custom logo on some Eddie Motorsports coil covers.

I made the radiator hose from exhaust tubing and 90 degree hose

·
Registered
446 Posts
thats to fast and nice in to short a time= disqualified...>:)

j/k. wtg

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
I'll take a shot at this one. All of my pics can be documented from my build thread if that counts, if not I can support the dates with a screenshot of my phone. http://www.camaros.net/forums/133-build-projects/365913-project-1badss-born-68-a.html
We will start off with the '71 Challenger mirrors that I modified to fit the car, although there were numerous designs of the bracket that hit the garbage can, this is the one that I finally used and this was the final assemble and 1st time mounting. Next we move into the interior where I decided to throw caution to the wind and build my own console. I used the Autometer Carbon Fiber Series gauges, interior side lighting from Clayton Machine Works, accessory push button from Auto-loc and boot trim ring from Lokar. I started off with a cad design for the front console only that morphed into a full car console that runs through the entire car and ends in the rear window. Since I had a roll bar and made the decision that no one would be climbing through to get into the backseat, I eliminated it completely and built speaker boxes into either side of the console. Everything was fit with JL speakers exclusively as well as (3) JL amps to power it all. I added a radius to the top to give the appearance of a seat when it finally gets covered with upholstery. We are working on a design right now for that area, but everything else seems to be set. We will be wrapping the sides of the console with leather and the center will be either perforated and brushed stainless or aluminum. I bought some Braum Racing seats and fit them in as well that are at the upholsterer getting ribbons embroidered in to the seat just under the headrest - one for my mom on the driver's seat in white pearl(signifying lung cancer and her passing late last year) and one in the passenger seat in hot pink(signifying breast cancer as my wife is a survivor from a double mastectomy). Since the car though all of this was at the restoration shop, I did still manage to get to work on the car Wed and Thursday evenings after work and all day Saturday every weekend. I am very thankful to have the coolest restoration shop out there(Valhalla Kustom Restoration and Fabrication) with a special thanks to the owner AJ to let me come in and work on my car as they are doing the body work. That being said, I want to say that in no way was any of this done professionally, I did all of this work myself. Moving along they got the car in primer and interior and firewall sprayed in SEM Hot Rod Satin Black. We then dropped in the motor(572 BBC - 742HP/689FT.LBS Torque at the crank) and trans(Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 Speed) and I added the custom made Lemon's headers while everything was still easy to get to before the fenders went on. Up to the current date, the car is sitting already blocked waiting on it's HOK Jet-Black color that will be shot this coming week. On this past Friday I was called to approve spray-out panels for the Z stripes that will be put on the car. They will be HOK bright white with a special blend pearl sprayed through a lace to double as something timeless and unique as well as a tribute for my mom again with the white pearl being the colors for Lung Cancer. As nothing is really finished, I did manage to get a lot completed in the past year. Some of which could not have been done without the help of Team Camaro so thank you for all of those who helped me out, thank you for reading this long winded post and thank you for following my build thread.
Cheers,
Greg

And here are the last couple pics.........

If it's not too late, I have a few extra pics sent to me by the restoration shop late yesterday afternoon.......we have color! If it is too late, I really don't care all that much, I am just excited to have color on my car and be able to post it lol.>:)

Attachments

·
19,904 Posts
WOW:eek: Some pretty big projects getting done :beers:

Come on, I know there are more on here....throw your hat in :yes:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any other projects lurking out there? Hit the reply button - Today is the last day for nominations!

·
19,904 Posts
After seeing the entries there's no way I'm putting my piddly projects up :) And I'm not done anyway.
LOL, I was going to throw in my Tach/Speedo swap....pics have no dates :eek: (and only 1 trans pic :( )

Anywho....It's not the size, but the job done :wink2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts