Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you fit 20 inch wheels on a 68 with stock suspension. I was thinking of 20x9 in the back and 20x8 in the front but I don't know if it can be done. Has anyone done it? If so, what wheel/tire size and backspacing.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Maybe..but why?:sad:

·
19,842 Posts
:sad:

I think the wheels would fit but without tires.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not that you have not heard or read this before but you would be better off with 18s all the way around. Now that that's out of the way you could get 20s to work but....in order for them to fit and the car to LOOK GOOD meaning the car has to sit low and the tops of the tires have to be in the wheel wells you need to run 30 series tires with NO SIDWALL. Here is a link to a '69 with 20s all the way around and there is some info with the effort to get them to fit and look good (now I realize that's a matter of opinion but you know what I mean). http://www.cardomain.com/ride/806256/1 Now with that out of the way if you really want to do this my suggestion would be to run 19s and 20s. You can do 19x8s in the front with 235/35s or even 225/35s if you need the extra room. In the rear you can do 20x8.5s with 255/35s. Keep in mind when you run these BIG wheels the car needs to be low in order for them to look good. I would say at least a 3" drop as discussed in that Car Domain link. It's your car and you should build what YOU LIKE. It's up to us to help you decide if it can work and if it's worth the effort. Good Luck with what ever you decide. By the way - Welcome to the site - lots of great info and great people here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts