Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running 225/60/15 in the front on my 68. There is 3 inches of space between the top of the tire and the wheel well. I have been thinking of lowering the car with replacment springs but what about putting a taller tire on the front. If I run a 70 series tire will that help in filling the wheel well. I would rather go with a 70 tire anyway becuase they look better. The 60's look to small in the front.
Thanks
Doug

·
19,801 Posts
A taller tire will fill the gap but raise the frontend at the same time. If your tires are say 25" tall and you put 27" tires on the front, it will raise the frontend 1". Is that what your looking for?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not really. My front ends looks a bit like yours in the picture. I want to fill the space above the wheel. I also do not like the 60 series tire it does not fill the wheel well. A 70 series would fill it much better.
I might buy 70 tires and then lower the front end 2" to tuck the tire in the wheel well.

·
19,801 Posts
Before you buy tires, lower the front. Doing things twice isn't fun <well some things are :rolleyes: , but not buying tires> I only have 205/60's and new springs on the front... gotta cut them someday.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am in the same boat here with a 69. I lowered the front 2" and am running 225/60/15's, and need just alittle bit more to fill the wheelwell.

235/60/15's look better, but "buldge" alittle too much on my 6.75" rims.

Does anyone know of the exact installed sidewall height of a 225/70/15? I know the formula should yield a 6.2" sidewall, but I know in reality it will be different.

For example - I have 255/60/15's on the rear (8" rim). Theoretically, the sidwall height should be 6", but installed my sidewall measures 4.5" from the ground to the rim when you factor in the buldge. Will the 225/70's match the sidewall height of the rears?

Thanks!

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts