Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy some almost new 225 70R 15 Firestone tires on original Rally Wheels (I am not sure of the backspace.) Will these fit properly on a '69 Camaro or are they too tall. Thanks for any advise.
Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I do a search on this tire/wheel subject only a few matches come up. Seems that I checded on this subject just a few weeks ago and had pages of matches. What has happened?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
** on the search, I think most of us ask about bigger, and those looking for stock are using old style letter codes.

Get them measured... 25" or so is about right. Are they 7 or 8" rims? Ask again when you have the details.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I had those same size wheels on my Camaro when I first got it, and they fit fine, I'll see if I can't find a picture of it before I switched to the SS wheels.........KZ

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I measured the tires and they appear to be about 27 inches high. The rim width is 8 inches. I believe these tires are too tall for this application. What do you folks think?
Mike

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Mine didn't rub front or rear, and that was even BEFORE I replaced the worn out leaf springs, bushings and shocks in the rear. The front was already all new and didn't rub there either, and although they are not the "optimal" size to run on a 1st generation Camaro, trust me, they will fit and not look bad at all! KZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts