Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather positively SUCKS here. The wind is blowing about 30 mph, the air temp is fixin' to go to -10 and the wind chill will end up down around -30 by the time morning rolls around, and it is snowing lake effect off Lake Ontario. A foot or so tonight probably. I had to snow blow about 1.5 hours right after I got home and then, of course, the evil plow guy came along and buried me in again. The snow is drifted up about 4' in my driveway and the wind blows the snow right back as soon as I snow blow it. I am really second guessing moving here from North Carolina 8 years ago.

Sorry to go Dennis Miller on y'all but I feel a little better now :)

Mark

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
It finally is warmer down here in Central MO.

Should be in the 50's tomorrow.

'Bout f-- time, I'm sick of it and we still have a ways to go!!

I have a funny feeling we will get another big dose of winter about the 4th of April.............. It's happened before!!

pdq67

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
GEEZ, Ya mean its March and its STILL snowing? Thats just not right!! :D
Mid 70's here all week.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
In the 80's here today. Hang in there Mark......Spring is just around the corner.

·
Super Moderator
32,765 Posts
The weather positively SUCKS here. The wind is blowing about 30 mph, the air temp is fixin' to go to -10 and the wind chill will end up down around -30 by the time morning rolls around, and it is snowing lake effect off Lake Ontario. Mark
My wife feels your pain. She had to do two weeks of company training in Erie, PA. in February '04.

She says if she has to go back, it will be too soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
CARBO, know your pain. I lived in Cleveland for a few. Could not wait to get back to California weather. It's 65 in our area today.

Generally, I've found people in the mid-West and east to be more friendly and genuine than most on the West coast (especially California). Must be the cold winters and being couped up!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
About 5 degs. this morning here. Supposed to be in the 50's -60's next week. Can't complain, this winter has been a breeze here. One snow storm of about 8" and one ice storm all season. And only about 3 weeks of real cold weather. That's it!! Maybe Al Gore is on to something....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
seems we always get our most intense storms in March sometime.
and, if you don't like the weather where you live, then move somewhere else where the climate fits you better.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have to be in Ft. Myers, Florida tomorrow for the the USA Hockey Southeastern District tournament -- oh well, its tough duty but someone has to do it ;)
Doug, you're gonna love it when you get here. High temps in the upper 70's to lower 80's all week and not a cloud in the sky. Doesn't get much better than that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seems we always get our most intense storms in March sometime.
and, if you don't like the weather where you live, then move somewhere else where the climate fits you better.
Fortunately I can think of a couple of hundred thousand reasons why I should stay here. As one of my personal heros, Ronald Reagan said "if you don't agree with whatever is happening where you are, vote with your feet" I agree and right now Atlanta, North or South Carolina, Phoenix (AZ, not NY) and all points warm are looking good. Have to go snow blow for another hour and a half tonight just to get in the driveway. Such is life. :pout:

·
Registered
440 Posts
GEEZ, Ya mean its March and its STILL snowing? Thats just not right!! :D
Mid 70's here all week.
Brother, I might be moving your way in the next few years. :yes: I love me some Vegas.

Cal69, you must be loving life right now. Light em up once for the boys back east!! :beers:

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I live in North Dakota:clonk:
Nuff said

1 - 20 of 22 Posts