Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 2400 to 2600 rpm 10" stall converter will damage a used TH350 that has a shift kit. I don't know what how many miles are on the tranny or if it was rebuilt, but right now with the stock converter it works perfectly fine. I plan to run the car on the street and already have a perma-cool tranny cooler.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
If the tranny is in decent shape, it will be fine. Changing the fluid and filter would be a good idea also. Of course, if the tranny is on its last legs the convertor will only help kill it quicker.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey, no a stall converter will not hurt a old tranny that has not been rebuilt.my firend put a 3500 in an older th350 and ran it for 2 years, but why spend 250-300 bucks on a converter when for the same money get a good rebuild with a shift kit, i just dropped off a th400 to get rebuilt with a transgo shift kit that you can shift manualy, and or put it in drive and shift on its own, and it will be 300.00, i won't get a converter,(cause i will buy a stall converter)generally a th400 rebuilt with converter is 400- 450 so minus the converter and that will be the price. but if you wanna try it go ahead, and hope you have better luck than me
Jake

·
Registered
999 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to run it. I ran a 2500 stall in a turbo 350 for years, with a b&m shiftkit. Do like Travis said and give it fresh fluid and a filter and you should be fine. Also it's a good idea, when you have the tranny out to replace the rear tailshaft seal, and also, put in a new o-ring around the dip stick.
Is Bambergers still in business over there in Lebanon? I used to work for them over in E-town, years ago.
Bruce

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruce,
Yea, they're still in business. Thanks for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.