Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd generation: Can i put the taillights of a 1970, on the back of a 1981 Camaro?

Whats up, I was just wondering if its possible to put the back end, or just the tail lights, of a 1970 Camaro, onto a 1981 Camaro? If anyone could answer this question, cheers :beers:

Thanks, evan

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Re: 2nd generation: Can i put the taillights of a 1970, on the back of a 1981 Camaro?

Hi Evan.

Welcome aboard. Although people are amazingly helpful, this is more of a 1st gen site. You might be better off with 2nd gen questions at nastyz28.com It is dedicated to 2nd gens like your (& mine). You might find soemone there already did it!

Also, hopefully a mod will move this, you should have posted in Camaro Tech or Body Shop.

:waving:

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Re: 2nd generation: Can i put the taillights of a 1970, on the back of a 1981 Camaro?

Im sure it could be done, but not easily.

You would have to swap out the rear tail panel, and the inner structure (inside the trunk) is different also. Plus you would have to do some modification to the wiring harness, since the 81 harness uses a different type of connections at the sockets, plus a different number of lights.

Like Bonzo recommended, try www.nastyz28.com , but I'm not aware of this conversion having been done.

dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts