Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting on a 40 series flowmaster with single outlet, which isnt exactly what I wanted (I wanted to put on a 40 series with dual outlet turndowns) the mechanic told me it wasn't possible to put dual outlets on my car. Is he right?

also, what are some pretty cheap things I can do to my car to up the preformance? Im going to hollow out my cat sometime this week. do you know if this will mess with my O2 sensor!?

What about new spark plugs? would I get anything out of the High Preformance ones?

Please sugest anything of resonable cost that would help out, If you need anymore info just ask..Its a 95 with and Auto Trans.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You can put dual outlets on anything. Look at the Z28's... They have dual outlets. It may just be that nobody makes a kit, and you might have to have a custom job done. But you can do it.

Hollowing out the cat won't get you very far, I wouldn't recommend that. Nor would I reccomend the expensive spark plugs. Just get what is called for, and make sure they are gapped right. Do you have a K&N aftermarket air intake on it? Those seem to help out a bit (and they sound pretty cool :D )

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Every car I've had, no matter if its a 4,6, or 8 cylinder, I always install dual exhaust. It can be done on any car.

Makes it look more symmetrical from the rear, to me anways.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Is this a 4th gen? I would bet it's the turn downs off a transverse muffler that the mechanic doesn't want to do. What you want is a "one in, two out" muffler with the two outputs routed to the back of the car. There are shops that will cut a second hole and weld an outlet to the muffler but it isn't designed for anything but looks at that point. So I think you and the mechanic are just not communicating well.

As for the cat don't gut it as already said. Your engine is designed to run with it and performance will be reduced without it!!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
you shoulkd really put the specs of your car in a post asking these questions. for all we know, you might have a Lumina APV minivan with a 3.4 in it, which i don't think is setup for dual outlets.
if it's a Camaro, i think someone makes a bolt in cat back exhaust kit for the 3.4 that has dual tailpipes, but maybe only for the newer 3.8. if that's the case, maybe order a kit for the 3.8 and have the exhaust shop make it fit, which should be a simple headpipe modification. a 3.4 doesn't move enough air for the cat to affect anything, so i'd just leave it alone. hell, on the mighty LT1 Z28's, i think the cat only costs like 5 hp, and would be even less on a smaller v6.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Borla or Flow master etc make exhuast kits for the 3.4 with dual exhuast tips. You can add a K&N FIPK or a 50 hp NOS kit. Check out rksport.com or Thunderracing.com, or TByrnemotorsports.com. All three have parts for your 3.4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts