Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. The Camaro I have right now, it has a 3.42 rear end gear ratio and I have noticed somethin, I was going along at 170km/h and My car started to slow down its climb in speed after that point, at the time I was racing a prelude that had a 65 shot of nitrous and he blew past me while I was trying to gain speed, I need to know what I can do to have top end power aswell as low end to prevent something like this from happening again, BTW off the line I smoked him and past the 1/4 mile mark I did aswell but in the end, he blew by me.

------------------
1990 Camaro IROC-Z 305 TPI.

www.geocities.com/camaromandan/home.html

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I suspect your engine ran out of breath - if you are talking about the 305 TPI. The TPI manifold was designed to produce low RPM torque, not high RPM horsepower, so TPI engines don't breathe well at higher RPMs.

It makes perfect sense that you kicked the guy's butt off the line and then lost on the top end - your engine performed as designed. You will need to open up the intake tract with one of the aftermarket intake manifolds. Several vendors sell them. Of course, you could add your own 65 HP shot of nitrous.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Or, after that quarter mile slow down and stop racing and don't give him the chance to beat you, it makes them mad as hell! Plus racing on the street that fast isn't the greatest idea. Have done it before, until I was the passenger in my friends car while he raced someone, and saw how stupid it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts