Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made the post some time ago but i need to know now my 3.8l oil pump blow on the enter state and i pushed it 1.3 miles home not fun at all as i was saying in my last post i have a carbed 350 i need this car i have all the tools to do the swap if it is as easy as dropping in a little motor work then done i need this car for work and school i can take sick days to swap it and i dont learn anything in school if seen it done with smallblocks with carbs and big block with carbs i dont have moneys for a other car right now please if any one and send me to a website or just tell me it wold be real nice thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Buy a used 3.8 off craigs list....you will never swap to v-8 with no cash. The 3.8's are a dime dozen and don't look for Z/28 with a 3.8....they did not make them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Incorrect. The newest camaro's were rumored to have a base model in that configuration, but that is all it was, a rumor. Z28 has always referred to a performance package in one way or another, and there is no way that a 3.8 would fall into that category, unless the previously rumored 3.8 Twin Turbo was built which it wasnt. I would like to read the article you heard that from.

·
Retired
26,776 Posts
they did make base z28 camaros with the 3.8l look it up
From '93 - '97 the base Camaro came with a 207ci V6 (L32). In '95 they added a 231ci V6 (L36) to the lineup and in '96 they dropped the L32 from the lineup. Then there was a Z28 during those years with a 350ci V8 (LT1). If you got a V6 is was not a Z28! In '98 - '02 the pattern stayed the same V6 (L36) base Camaro. V8 (LS1) Z28.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
1. all z28s were V8 cars.

2. you will have to cut the cowl up to get a carb in. and trying to get this done will end up costing you more money than a used engine or even perhaps a rebuilt one.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
they did make base z28 camaros with the 3.8l look it up
:secret: Your on Team Camaro....no need to look it up. Your v-6 Camaro is not a Z/28.

·
Super Moderator
32,898 Posts
Look at the RPO sticker for 'Z28'
No Z28, Camaro is not a Z28
As said, V6, not a Z28 optioned Camaro.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dropping an engine from a Gen IV car is not as easy as Gen I. They come out the bottom, not the top.

Carbed 350 won't fit without serious cut in cowl area and you will probably break the winshield in the process. You also don't have room for a standard distributer either - LT1's had this up front, LS does not have one.

Find a used 3.8 as recommended above and put it in from the bottom. Anything else is not worth the effort or cash - these cars aren't worth much at this time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts