Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read old threads posted here about sources for 3 point seat belts for 1st Gen Camaros....just wondering if there are other manufacturers than Morris out there?

The parts supplier I've been buying most of my interior parts from suggested the buckles they utilize are not very well made...don't appear to be sturdy ....not trying to condemn thier product, but I don't want to make a $280.00 mistake by buying something that I will not be pleased with.

The old threads on this site date back to 2001, so I figured I'd post a question and find out what other options are available?

I am not installing a roll bar to have four or five point belts....

Thanks for any information you may have!!!

Texas 68

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have the morris belts. About 1800 miles on them and never a buckle issue. I don't even think about buckling or unbuckling the belt just do it. If you are suggesting that in an accident they won't hold then that I can't comment on.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Today I received the Morris belts I ordered. Nice stuff. Those belts meet the FMVSS specification for auto seatbelts meaning that they will hold up in an accident. I believe the rated strength would be at least 3000lbs installed. This is the same specification new OEM belts must meet.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Brent, I notice that your upper mount sits further back than I thought. Is that through the factory mount?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Yes it is--the belt fastens to the original seatbelt mounting point. It screws right in and is comfortable across the chest.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!!!

Always great to get second opinions....

I have the info. I need to make my decision!!!

Texas 68

·
Gold Lifetime Member
897 Posts
On our Camaros the retractor real can not mount at the anchor point behind the seat (It could, but your seat will hit it when slid back). There needs to be an extension that puts the real up at the side of the seat. I believe the morris belts do this. The cheaper ones I have looked at, like seatbeltsplus, don't appear to do this. It does look like their manual adjust 3-point would work.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got mine at Classic Industries took the 20% discount. Had to slightly bend retractor bracket to clear seat better. Works great.

·
Registered
400 Posts
3 Point Seat belts source & Mounting

Yes I can confirm that a 67 Camaro has the mounts in the roof
that our brackets bolt directly too. GM put the third mounting
point in 66 Chevelles and Novas & like body styles. Firebirds also
have the mounting points which we have seatbelts to fit those
cars too. Thanks to Everyone for the Compliments and be sure
to visit our web page for new mirror polished stainless emblems
and engine sizes.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Does anyone know if these belts will fit on a 67? I don't think 67's came with a shoulder belt option but I've heard that all 1st gens have the mounting point on the roof. I thought it was only on 68-69's - can someone confirm?

Thanks,
Gean
67's will have the shoulder belt mount in a different location than the 68-9 location shown above in post #4.
Look for it under the headliner just forward of the front/rear window seam.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I can tell you from personal experience that the folks at Morris are a pleasure to deal with and they have a great product that looks very good in our '67

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Anyone got a good solution for shoulder belts in a 'vert?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts