Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hye i have an 89 camaro rs with a 305 in it and i wont to put a 350 in what do i need to change over do i need a new computer for my car or need a new trany or can someone help me iam lost ;\ !!! or i need to change or alot of stuff???? i need help !!

thanks ace

·
Registered
820 Posts
depends,

some of the TBI camaros used a different computer than that of the MPFI 350 on some Iroc Z's if so you will need the computer and / or the front engine wiring harness to tie it all in to . If you were going with a carburated engine , then you would need nothing, the trans will bolt up just fine. gas would need to be supplied by either the mechanichal fuel pump, or by an electric one replacing the stock one controlled by the computer. (if using carburated engine)

then the normal miscalanious headaches of bolts breaking, exhaust routing ,etc....

------------------
Chris's 67 RS can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/index.html
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING! www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/webring/webringjoin.htm !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it is a manual, you will need a new transmission, the stock five speed was never made with the 350 engine because the tranny could not handle the engine output. I have 89 rs myself, which is a 305 five speed. If it is an automatic, you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts