Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if the pullies and brackets off a 305 will fit on a 350? i have a complete 350 except the brakets and pullies and know a friend with an old 305. Also could I reuse all the bolts on the 350 when i rebuild it? (just clean them up and paint them)
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Everything will work just fine...bolts, brackets, everything. Arent chevys great

------------------
375hp 78 Chevy truck
77 Chevy Nova
95 Chevy Lumina 3.4L
and building a 78 Nova

·
Registered
302 Posts
I may be wrong on this, but I think the balancers are different. I think the one on the 350 is bigger. Just something to think about if you plan on using it.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will not need the balancer. just the pullies and the brackets (alternator etc.)Also is it a bad idea to reuse the bolts on the 350 when I put it back together? such has the bolts for the heads, intake etc.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
650 Posts
Mixed opinions on the bolts. I hear it is bad to reuse them, and some say it is fine. I guess it boils down to how much torture is inside the combustion chamber. If you are running high compression/potent engine, then fork out a couple of bucks for some good new head bolts to keep the gaskets from blowing. Bolts are cheap, head gasket repair is not.

------------------
Brave man not milk bull... only stupid man

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I've reused everything from a 305 on a 350, then reused it again on another 350 (including the balancer) and never had a problem. I guess it depends on your budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts