Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1988 camaro with a 305 with a Throttle Body. When I first started this car it ran GOOD... I drove it about 5 to 10 miles the CHECK ENGINE light came on, the car started running rough.. and had BLACK smoke coming out of the tail pipe. As of now the car will not start. I have spark and fuel, the fuel filter is fine. Checked to make sure plug wires on the distributor cap. Also checked fuses especially to the ECM. Am I correct to asume that I am unable to check the computer codes because the engine is not running. The engine sounds like it wants to start, like the timming is off. Is there a sensor that adjust the timming (spark)

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can check for posted codes. my thought is by a repair manuel,i prefer Haynes(don't like chilton). you want to connect the [email protected] on the plug under the dash with the key on. the book will explain better.as for the sensers yes to many.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can check for posted codes. my thought is by a repair manuel,i prefer Haynes(don't like chilton). you want to connect the [email protected] on the plug under the dash with the key on. the book will explain better.as for the sensers yes to many.

------------------
1987 Electric Yellow IROC-Z
350(366) TPI Tweaked to 420+ hp 700R4 with TCI 2500 stall
Richmand 3:73 posi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts