Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just aquired a 1988 Camero with a 305, I was able to get the car started once and drove it a few miles. The check engine light came on and the car started running rough. The car now will not start, sounds like it wants to but no, I have fire and gas. Plan to check the oxygen sensor tomorrow but first I have 2 questions, how would you adjust the air/fuel mixture(i know how on a carp, but a trottle body is new to me)(also read the article on the reading on a digital meter) but the actural screw turning is a mystery to me. Also need to know which plug is the #1 plug. Thank you

·
Registered
503 Posts
In a nutshell....there is no air/fuel mixture adjustment on a fuel injected engine.....the computer does that by regulating how long the injectors are "held open" based on info from various sensors....
Number one cylinder is the front drivers side...

·
Registered
127 Posts
That guy sent me an email and called me an a$$hole because I corrected his spelling of CAMARO. If you can't spell it you shouldn't own one. Man I was just kiddin around with you. Lighten up a bit.
We also have a member here named camaronotcamero.

[This message has been edited by ryanman250 (edited 02-03-2002).]

·
Registered
127 Posts
The TPS won't keep it from running either. It just won't idle worth a damn when it's acting up. Is it equipped with a mass air sensor? A weak fuel pump can give some gas but not enough to run right. Have you checked the engine codes? Theres a way to trip these to help diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The tps might keep it from starting if it's sending the computer over 4 volts while cranking.The computer see's this as a request from driver to 'unflood'the engine so the computer responds by sending a very weak mixture during this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts