Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were all 3917291 heads ready for air conditioning or was there something that needed to be drilled or anything like that?

thanks

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process.
PS/PB, Factory AC

·
15,370 Posts
291 heads (camelhumps) do not have accessory holes in the ends of them. I have a pair myself that I'm trying to decide whether to keep or not because of that fact.
I've been told NOT to drill them, but it's been done before. I suppose a knowledgable shop could do it but I wouldn't take the chance. I've already decided to dump them and go with Vortec heads.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
If you have the correct 68 parts they shouldn't need holes in them. The front mounted acc. long waterpump style started in 69.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks oger.

Does anyone have any digital pictures of their original set up? All I have is the 68 Camaro Assembly manual, which isn't totally explicit with details. I have the 7 "major" brackets for the compressor, but in the manual they have a few diferent set ups depending which packages you ordered (L34-35??, manual trans, auto trans). I'm going to have a 327/275hp 4-speed with no smog pump. I'll try to get a picture of all the brackets up here soon, but I was hoping a real pictured set up like mine would help me out.

------------------
1968 Coupe, 327/210hp project in process.
PS/PB, Factory AC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts