Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 rs with the 327 275 hp. Just picked it up at an auction in Reno and took the chance it would run ok. Made it back from reno with only on fuel filter change out so not all that bad. Couple problems though. Sometimes it will stumble when I floor it went starting out. Does not seem to have the problem once I'm over 30 MPH though. Also sometimes when I rev it up in park it seems to want to move forward a bit. Is there a linkage adjustment I can make or is this common? Anyway the motor seems all stock and does seem to run fine other than the stumbling issue.

Thanks in advance

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Well without carburetor details I would suspect the accelerator pump of a Rochester carb. A rebuild kit should tighten it up for you.

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Secondary air valve spring on the qjet being too weak will do it. It can be adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Secondary air valve spring on the qjet being too weak will do it. It can be adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
This. Too much air incoming is leaning it out, hence why when the load is lowered (30mph) it runs well. This is also a common problem on edelbrock carbs when the weight isn't heavy enough and allows too much air into the carb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts