Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 750 vacuum secondary carb on my small block and recently blew the power valve. i was thinking about blocking it off for racing. shoud i or not.

·
Registered
143 Posts
CHEVYRACER........I WOULDNT USE A BLOCKED POWER VALVE UNLESS YOUR VACUUM IS THAT LOW...USE A GUAGE AND CHECK AND PUT THE APPROPRIATE VALVE IN...YOU OBVIOUSLY BLEW THE VALVE FROM A BACKFIRE WHICH IS NOT THE REASON FOR A BLOCKED VALVE...SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO JET 6-8 HIGHER DEPENDING ON ENGINE...IT MUST BE AN OLDER CARB CUZ THE NEW HOLLEYS HAVE A BLOW PROTECTION.BLOCKED VALVES ARE VFOR ALL OUT RACING APPLICATIONS www.hardcoreparts.ca

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts
Blow out kits come in two forms,,, the small check valve that you drill and insert and the one with the ball in the screw type... Either one will end the "blown power valve " issue.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I agree keep the power valve, once you select the correct one (based on vacuum) there really is not reason not to run one.

Depending on your combo a DP may be a much better way to go. Without the specs (weight, cam, tranny, etc...) it's hard to say for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts