Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed a horrible sound coming from what sounds like the front of the engine. The motor runs fine at idle (constant and good RPMs, vacumm, fuel pressure, oil pressure) but as soon as you give it a bit of gas, it sounds horrible (like preignition pings x 10 and/or a diesel engine). The timing is set at what its always been at (8 degrees) and I cant find any belts or pulleys that are loose. The carb was switched out to ensure to wasnt a mixture issue. I thought it could be a rod or bearing ready to let go however I have driven it for about 200 miles and it still seems to run fine, just a horrble sound. I have gotten pissed several times and dumped the clutch at some insane RPMs but cant seem to lunch the engine (if its bad). Could it be a lose timing chain? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Sounds like you may have a cracked piston skirt.See if you can quite it down and isolate it by removing secondary ign volts one at a time at the spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Sounds like you may have a cracked piston skirt.See if you can quite it down and isolate it by removing secondary ign volts one at a time at the spark plugs.

I agree, piston skirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts