Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to stroke a 69 350 to 383 and then supercharge it. I have some ideas, but I was wanting to ask opinions and anything I should know going into this. If anyone knows a good stroker kit or individual parts that are best for the build, it'd be great to hear. Would also like to get some opinions on different superchargers and whatnot.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You need to tell us the type of charger you want to run & your desired HP levels.... parts are a lot different between 500 & 1000hp.

Does this have to stay under a stock hood or do you want it exposed?
6-71 style roots chargers look mean & protrude the most from the engine bay, but lack the efficiency of many newer designs.

Eaton type produce a ton of midrange torque & typically fit under a small scoop, but require fuel injection.

Centrifugal chargers (ProCharger/Vortech) can be run with carb or EFI & typically have the most peak HP potential, but do not come on as hard down low.

It all depends on what you want.....

·
Registered
767 Posts
In that case, you will likely want a centrifugal, like a Procharger.

The P-1SC will support approx 750 horsepower.
Go with the intercooled version for best power on pump gas.

You will want to convert your block to 4 bolt mains for durability.

Get a decent stroker kit with forged crank, rods & pistons.
This is not a bad combination & you can run 9-9.25:1 compression on pump gas if tuned properly.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/esp-b12010030/make/chevrolet

Obviously EFI is the nicest to tune but will cost quite a bit up front.

Spend your money on a good set of heads. This is where the power will come from.
AFR has some very good designs.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/afr-1095-716/make/chevrolet

Couple this with a mild hydraulic roller cam & you will be set.
I have built quite a few 383's with a 220/230 on a 114 lsa.
It will have a mild lope & still have ample torque to pull a mild gear & an OD trans.
It will work well with a 3.42 gear & manual trans or auto with a 2500 stall converter.
This setup in a 4th gen Camaro went 9's on pump gas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I look to put together basically a custom kit (rods, pistons, cam, etc. all from different brands) what kind of specs should I look for that will fit the stock engine? Also, should I be very concerned with the highest quality considering I'm not trying to push insane power numbers? Not looking for the absolute cheapest options, just best bang for the buck, don't have a ton of money to spend, but am fine with waiting and saving to make sure my build is good.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.