Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind has a 350 HP 396 all original all date matching. It is complete from the distributor to the exhaust manifolds.It needs rebuilt standard bore and comes with new pistons.It is dated march 69. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would say close to $500 or so. Has the motor ever been rebuilt, or is it still a standard bore?

------------------
383 Speed-O-Motive stroker kit with Speed Demon 750, RPM intake,Proform HEI dist.MSD6a box,World Products Sportsman II heads, ported and polished with 2.02/1.60 valves,64cc,TRW forged pistons with 10.7:1 compression, Comp Xtreme 284 cam,Crane pushrods, Comp Cam 1.6 full roller rockers,ATI damper, 40 series Flowmasters, 4.11 gears with TH350 and Hughes 3000 stall.Powertrax NoSlip Locker

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does the engine run? I may be interested in purchasing it. What doe it have on it. How many miles?

------------------
1967 camaro 327 coupe
Performance engine looks great, cherry red all flush

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its worth at least $500-1000 as long as the block or heads are not cracked due to improper storage.To the right person it may be worth a hell of a lot more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The motor is fine and standard bore but needs rebuilt. I have seen people pay $600 for a bare small block for the #s. The motor will be for restoration and show purpose {not Hot Rodding}. I was guessing around $3000 to $3500. I have also seen a 396/375Hp bare block sell for $1700. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased a 70 SS 396/402 350hp engine last summer for 800.00 The engine had been in a 67 vette and was redone not long ago. They took the intake, pushrods, rockers and a few head bolts. I paid less than 100 for the missing parts from a friend at a parts store. His cost of course. I pulled the heads and the cylinders had the fresh hone marks and everything looked good. Once back together it runs great. Have less than a grand in a running rebuilt motor with standard bore. Just have to keep your eyes open. As far as worth goes I saved a few grand at least.

Gutz

------------------
1966 SS Chevelle LS-7,4-speed
1971 RS Camaro 402,4-speed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts