Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My Name Is Michael. I Am Looking For A 1982-1992 Camaro As A Daily Driver. I Have Never Owned A Camaro Before, But I Am Very Enthusiastic About Buying One. Which Year Camaro Should I Stay Away From And Which Year Camaro Would Be A Good Choice?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome aboard PANZER. All 3rd gens are equally the same IMO. :waving:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ditto, I still own a 1st Gen, owned a 2nd Gen for more than 20 years and owned a 4th Gen for 5 years. They are all great cars with unlimited potential. If you prefer a particular engine/trans combination then you need to look for that combo rather than trying to do a conversion. The early 3rd Gens were throttle body injected. The later Z28's and IROC's could have a tuned port 305 or 350.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My Honest Opinion ..

90-92 Camaro !

At least those had a drivers side airbag. ! Last year for the IROC was 90 . ! 91-92 Z28 .. Aweasome looking cars .. Get what ever combo engine .. stay away from the T.B.I. 's . And the 5spd Tranny is a Blast !

hope that helps .
Rob.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Try to find a 92! I had one with the 245 hp it was a fun car. Handled great and was fast enough and I averaged 21 MPG. I got a fourth Gen 96 SS really fast and fun and might consider a fourth You can find them easier and there not expensive for a regular Z28 or You can get a 97 or 98 I think the got V6 with 200hp. I have owned at least 20 first gens and 6 Second Gens and 3 third gens and now I fourth gen. All Camaros are Great any Year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better then Driving some Wimpy Ricer anyday

·
Registered
452 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention Third Gens are easier to work on under the hood then fourth Gens Open a hood on both and You can see why

1 - 7 of 7 Posts