Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always thought this setup was cool. I had it on my 58 Impala ( 348 with 3-2's ). I have found a manifold that I am tempted to buy and put on my 69 for something different. What did they come on? Will it work?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Don't think a small block ever came with three deuces. GTOs, big blocks, Mopars, 406 Fords, etc. had them. Not the best setup for performance these days and I guess they are a tuning nightmare. Still, I think they are great and nothing else looks that good under the hood. If you like to tinker and can find the parts, I'd say go for it. Sound great at wide open throttle.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I had a cousin back in 66 that had a 55 Chevy with a 283 that had 3 dueces on it. Supposedly it was a Corvette motor (don't know what year). It ran like it. It was one of the baddest small blocks I've ever been in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Small block Corvettes never had a factory 3x2 setup - they did have 2x4's though. Is it me or did everybody's 55-57 Chevy have a Corvette engine?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sometimes the only difference between the Corvette and standard Chevy engine was the valve covers, sometimes not even that in later years. Having a "Corvette engine" sounds good though, and if it runs good, no harm done I think.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Call Edelbrock, they did, and probably still do offer 3x2 set ups. Even if you are using a different manifold I am sure some of their parts will work.

Steve R.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The important thing to remember is to stay away from Rochester carbs. Use the Holleys as were used on '67-69 Corvettes, or if you want the fuel feed on the right, use Nopar 6-pack carbs.

Holley to Rochester adaptors work spiffy to bolt the carbs to the manifold. (I have an Offy manifold)

A triangle shaped Corvette air cleaner can be easily modified to fit.

HEI will clear the rear carb...but it takes a lot of rework. Better to drop in an MSD distributor.

[This message has been edited by Schurkey (edited 05-20-2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts