Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a '68 Camaro (my first). Are there FOUR emergncy brake lines -- two backs, a front, and an intermediate? I can't see where this "intermediate" emergency brake line could go. Can anyone help? Is there a diagram online anywhere that I could look at?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dont know about any online diagrams, but it is in the assembly manual. This may help clear it up though. The front brake cable attaches to the pedal assembly goes through the firewall, then under the car and through the subframe under the drivers seat where it is held in by a clip. the end of the front brake cable the attaches to the Equalizer which is curved and the intermediate cable runs through its channel. The intermediate cable attaches to each rear brake cable on each side of car. The intermediate cable is supported on the passenger side by means of a frame guide bar, which hooks to the subframe. WOW! To much coffee this morning! sorry I babbled for so long, but I hope this helps

------------------
Kevin

68 Camaro SS - In Resto

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A million thanks, folks. We've got the info we need to install all the emergency brake lines.

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow! Nice reply deejaygee.

Also if AWSM502 is reading, I live in Island Lake also and am looking for a local shop for distributor work, or to fine tune a 330 horse crate I have been having problems. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts