Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if i am repeating my question but for some reason i can not view the replies i got. what kind of 4 speed is in a 84 camaro with a 4 cylinder 2.5 and is it any good for a 8 cyl. and does the belhousing fit also.

------------------
69 camaro conv. SS 396 th400.mostly original
, hugger orange, white top, white houndstooth int.(changed color combo)

·
Registered
348 Posts
You may be able to get it to fit. It will be cool when, not if, it explodes too. You are better off getting a different 4 speed.

------------------
57 Plymouth Savoy in my family since new, just cosmetically restored, 93 S-10 waiting on the 80 Dodge Lil' red Express clone truck to be built then one s_10 for sale, Angie's mechanic and designated Vette cusser.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The bellhousng bolt pattern for the 2.5 "iron duke" 4 banger is completely different from the V-8 pattern. You'd have to find a bellhousing that has the appropriate bolt pattern on both sides. Good luck. Plus, the 4 bangers had very little power....I don't know off the top of my head the power output of the 2.5s they put in the Camaros, but the 2.5 TBI in my dad's '89 S-10 only has 92 horsepower. I don't think it'd be wise to bolt a V-8 to one of these trannys.

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]

-1967 Camaro SS350 clone

My 1967 Camaro

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
The transmission you have is a Borg Warner T4. It is a T5 without overdrive. It isn't very strong and since it came from a 4 cyl. car it probably has a low first gear that is weaker than the V8 model.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"
Byars Performance
High Performance Drive Train Parts And Service
www.lubedealer.com/biggearhead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts