Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it is finally done, Should start the install it in a couple of weeks.
400 Dart little "M" 4.125 bore 350 mains
Scat 4340 crank
Scat 4340 6in. floating pin I beam 7/16 cap bolts
SRP forged pistons, -16 dish 10.3cr w/ 64cc heads
Speed Pro plasma moly rings file fit
TCI balancer
Jeg's/Canfield 197 64cc aluminum heads minor pocket work
Comp springs
ARP studs
Comp titanium retainers
Crane 1.5 gold race rockers
Jeg's billet stud girdle
Comp 4130 chrome moly .080 Hi-tech pushrods
Comp billet hyd. roller on a two piece core, Adv. 286/294, @.050 236/242, .543in/.540ex on a 108 lsa.
Morel retro roller lifters
RPM Air Gap
Hooker super comps 1 3/4
B&B drag race oil pan
Melling select 10% over stock pump
Moroso fabricated valve covers
LINK TO MORE PICS OF MOTOR:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190215/2

Thanks to: Mike Lewis Racing Engines (TC=Wolfplace) and Carl Hinkson @ Cnc Blocks Northeast (TC=CNC Blocks N/E)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't wait to hear how this thing goes! It looks awesome! Looks like you have done your homework on the parts you chose.

What are you shooting for HP wise?

I've been wanting to build something similar, was looking to use a used GM 400 block but everything Carl has written has me convinced to go with a Dart based build such as yours.

Keep up the good work it looks great!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't wait to hear how this thing goes! It looks awesome! Looks like you have done your homework on the parts you chose.

What are you shooting for HP wise?

I've been wanting to build something similar, was looking to use a used GM 400 block but everything Carl has written has me convinced to go with a Dart based build such as yours.

Keep up the good work it looks great!
Hoping for 450hp+

#68335 on the valve covers

·
20,021 Posts
If it runs like it looks feel sorry for everything behind it, especially the tires.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jeff, I was just checking out your valve covers again. Do the covers come with a provision for PCV and oil filling? I can't tell if the driver side has them. Also do you think you will have clearence issues with the wiper motor? I have a 69 and I am getting ready to order these. TIA

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff, I was just checking out your valve covers again. Do the covers come with a provision for PCV and oil filling? I can't tell if the driver side has them. Also do you think you will have clearence issues with the wiper motor? I have a 69 and I am getting ready to order these. TIA
No they don't have PCV holes. I had to drill them, no big deal. Yes I had to buy the DSE wiper motor, if you using GM heads you may be ok but it will be tight. My heads have a raised valve cover rail so there was noway it was fitting.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats it going in?
Just finished putting it in my 67 today, Took the first test drive about an hour ago! Holy @#%$ it runs like a scalded ape. A real neck snapper for sure. My 355 was no dog turning a best of [email protected] but this thing WOW. Hit the gas at any speed and it smokes the tires.:D

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is like super cool!! You're going to have to put up a video so we can hear it when you get it going.

I see you are using the Edelbrock fuel pump. I installed one on my small block and had an issue with the motor mount. With a little searching I was able to find the right bends to make it work.
Yup, They shouldn't have spaced the inlet and outlets at 180 deg. Ahh whats another 50 bucs in AN fittings. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts