Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on what to use, Scat forged bottom end mostly street with limited strip use anticipated. Are there reasonable priced options or is ATI the only one to use? I saw a Professional Products one that was blown apart on another site so Im thinking Chinese made is out, Is Pioneer decent or ? Also balancer size recommendations would be appreciated.

·
19,993 Posts
Ran a stock one for a long time street/strip duty and a few 6500 rpm runs. Changed to an aftermarket one temporarily for the degree marks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Is your 406 external or internal balanced. If it is external I have an almost new 8" SFI degreed balancer. Only used it for 1500 miles, decided to build a new 383 internal balance so I don't need it. If your interested send me a PM.

Tom

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 406 is internally balanced too and I run a 7 1/4" (I believe) fluidampr balancer. If you're running fast at the track, you'll need to run an aftermarket balancer anyway. I would stay away from stock if you're going to race. How fast is your car and what rpm will it rev?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts