Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear your opinions on this 406 build up. Block 30 over,decked and line bored. Stock crank cut 10/10 rods and mains. Forged pistons and 5.7 rods. All internally balanced. 10.0 to 1 compression. Dart Pro 1 200 aluminum heads (the heads are the choise of the engine builder - he is friends with Richard Maskin and gets very reasonable pricing). CompCams 286H cam (236 duration and 490 lift). Original Z/28 hi-rise with Speed Demon 750 card. MSD dist/6a box. I'm looking for 500 ft/lbs of torque and near 450 H/P. All I need is enough vacuum for a brake booster. Am I close? If not what would you change? Thanks in advance for all you comments and/or opinions.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
That should produce excellent power. A bit more lift would be better (I'm running .550" lift), but should make great power regardless since those heads flow pretty well. Add on some 1.6 rocker if you can.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
You might talk to your motor builder about going with about the same size solid cam so that you can pick up more power everywhere, imho if you don't mind lashing it every so often..

Jmho.

pdq67

PS., that's why I went with CC's, 282S solid cam in my big motor..

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Or a roller cam!

If you want 500 ft/lbs a roller will help dramatically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts