968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

what do you think of my dyno sheet.

427 sbc (dart shp block), dart pro1 heads, pump gas

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Very nice. I just pulled the 427 sb out of my '72 Vette last week. It was the last engine I put together with a flat tappet cam and it's time to update it a bit. Yours looks like it comes on early and hits hard.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a hydraulic roller cam, keith black diamond pistons, scat crank, dart dual plane intake, 750 carb. (all spray bombed chevy orange w/ 350 decals) haha

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of 1/4 mile times could I get out of this on 235 drag radials and caltracs w m21 muncie? (my current setup)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Rear gear is everything, the m20 with a 4.10 was 2-3 tenths faster and 2 mph faster than the m21 on my vette on a back to back test within 3 hours of each other when the m20 broke at the track.

Wide ratio is the answer. You will need to do the math so that you go through the traps at 6,000, as that is where your peak hp is.

·
19,844 Posts
Nice numbers....care to share cam specs ? :confused:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Camshaft Advertised Duration Street/Strip engine: 294° Intake, 300° Exhaust
Camshaft Duration @ .050" Street/Strip engine: 241° Intake, 247° Exhaust
Camshaft Lift

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She sure pulls everywhere I just had it rebuilt due to a very bad oil consumption issue. The rings were shot. The builder tried to blame me saying I ran it too rich. Even though I had it hooked up to an afr gauge. I believe the machine work was subpar. We'll see it's now back in the car.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for the smokey burnout videos!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts