Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a goofy question for you, I'm putting a 454 in my SS396 car, it has the electronic ignition, as I recall on the small block 69 I have the guy had beat the damn firewall in to get the thing to fit...will I need extra clearance on the big block car as well?? I need to find out fast since I have already shaved the firewall, and about ready to paint, so if I'm going to have to modify it I need to do that now....thanks in advance guys!! you are the best!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
If you have the correct BB motor mounts and stands, you WILL NOT have to modify your firewall. If you have any other mounts in there other than the correct ones, you very well may have clearance issues. Do a search on the subject, it's been discussed at length numerous times........KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!

<A HREF="http://hobbystage.net/camaro/69ss396" TARGET=_blank>Hobbystage Texas Tornado Website

</A>

North Texas Camaro Club

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mndcrime:
Hey guys,
...I'm putting a 454 in my SS396 car, it has the electronic ignition...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If by electronic ignition you mean HEI then check out www.davessmallbodyheis.com You can search here for it as well as it's been discussed numerous times.

-dnult

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey i have a 68 with correct bb frame pads and correct engine mounts and my hei clears with no hammering of anything, i have apic if you like don't know how to post it
Jake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts