Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 454 that the guy said was used on a generator burning natural gas. It's believed to be a gen. V motor. He said it nver ran above 1800 RPM. It's suppose to be in good shape. I was going to go look at it to put in my 68 camaro as the 396 went way side. I'm running a muncie 4 spd. I know I'll need a flywheel for sure. What other problems might I encounter? Deck height? Clearance between the valve cover and brake booster? What do you think it's worth? He wants $650. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
It's "believed" to be a 454? Get the casting number and date and stamp pad info first so you can identify what it really is.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
For starters, make sure it has a clutch Z-bar ball block boss or two if you want to ever run a stick. But Scoggin-Dickey sells a bolt-on bracket thing for like $50??

Next, probably doesn't have a fuel pump boss.

Otherwise go for her and I bet if it was ran any at all, it will be clean as a pin b/c of burning Nat. Gas.

I don't know if a motor like this would be high compression or just stock CR.-wise to burn the stuff, anybody else know??

pdq67

1 - 3 of 3 Posts