Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this can be done with alot of work but I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who has done this so I can contact. Need to know what I will need. I have a 1972 455 bigblock with all the hardware and transmission.

·
Registered
73 Posts
whet kind of 455 buick olds or pontiac? or did you accidently type 455 instead of 454? if its a pontiac 455 go to these sites www.classicalpontiac.com www.boyleworks.com those guys might have some info for ya. i hope this helps.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well we're getting closer. Is it a Buick or an Olds? Can't be both. Distributor in the front or the back? Buick's 455 if built to stage 1 specs makes 510 ft lbs of torque and purrs like a kitten on the street. It is just a few inches larger than a small block Chevy and weights just a hundred or so pounds more than a small block. I had one and should have kept it but it was going to be twice as expensive to build.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,MSD 6AL,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
a 455 buick with the rare rear mounted distributor option? must have done that for better weight distribution..lol..

seriously, if the dist is in the front, it is buick (or maybe 500 caddy?), but otherwise it is olds or pontiac-perhaps 454 chev.i really don't know how to describe the differences between them all.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts