Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about finished this one and it’s ready for the upholstery shop for brown leather seat, headliner etc. LT and 8L90E on an S10 frame. C6 brakes, 3.73 8.5” 10 bolt. All the goodies, Vintage Air, power windows, Dakota Digital, E-Stopp etc. PWM control of fuel pump and brushless Spal fans. 14 coats of clear on the bed wood. Rides and handles great. Bilstein shocks and I found the sway bars from an Extreme S10 pickup. Wheels are 18x8 off a Caprice PPV at $100 each.

Don
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Bumper
Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Wow, so cool Don. I love the "consistant" patina, and the LT motor and those gears will make it a hoot to drive. You have a real head turner there. Great engineering/fab work.

I have a '42 Chevy dump on my property that is currently yard art I mow around. If I ever get bored I might try at least to get it running and driving, ts all there. If it was a pickup like yours, it would surely be worth going further.

Sky Plant Tire Water Vehicle

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty slick - talk about a combination of old and new. I have to ask, do the horns work??
Yes they do even though they are 6 volt horns. I’ve done this on a couple of builds now. They are loud….

Don

·
Registered
273 Posts
Now that's cool... modern drivetrain with all the goodies and you'd walk past it none the wiser if it were parked up anywhere. How are those brushless SPAL fans? I've got two SPAL fans on a project of mine but they're very noisy... Wondering if it's worth the cost and effort to switch across.

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that's cool... modern drivetrain with all the goodies and you'd walk past it none the wiser if it were parked up anywhere. How are those brushless SPAL fans? I've got two SPAL fans on a project of mine but they're very noisy... Wondering if it's worth the cost and effort to switch across.
They are fairly quiet but the key to quiet fans is PWM control. Add a DCC or Carl’s PWM controller to your current fans and they will be more quiet.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: bills69

·
15,840 Posts
No. I’m looking for a keeper.

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No. I’m looking for a keeper.
I sold this truck to a good friend and he paid me to build it for him. He loves it so he won’t be willing to part with it. I built it the way I was planning to build it for myself and now regret selling it. I love driving it.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, so cool Don. I love the "consistant" patina, and the LT motor and those gears will make it a hoot to drive. You have a real head turner there. Great engineering/fab work.

I have a '42 Chevy dump on my property that is currently yard art I mow around. If I ever get bored I might try at least to get it running and driving, ts all there. If it was a pickup like yours, it would surely be worth going further.

View attachment 282224
Mark
Cool truck. I really like the look of the COE versions of these trucks. Would like to build one someday.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am sure it is a fine looking trunk. Unfortunately, I cannot see the photos. Maybe tomorrow the photos will come back.
I dunno JJ. I can see them fine. 🤷‍♂️

Don

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dunno JJ. I can see them fine. 🤷‍♂️

Don
It was every photo on this site was absent. It wasn't just yours. This morning I can see your truck.

I like it. It was a lot of work to graft the early 21st century motor and drive train to a middle 20th century truck body. Not many people would attempt an LT engine installation..... yet. You are on the bleeding edge.

·
Premium Member
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
It was every photo on this site was absent. It wasn't just yours. This morning I can see your truck.

I like it. It was a lot of work to graft the early 21st century motor and drive train to a middle 20th century truck body. Not many people would attempt an LT engine installation..... yet. You are on the bleeding edge.
Not really any different than an LS swap. I used a Speartech harness and they programmed the ECM and TCM.

The reason I went LT is because LS pullouts are generally high mileage and crate engines have become insanely expensive. This engine and trans with 18000 miles cost $5000 shipped. A real bargain imho.

Don

1 - 20 of 29 Posts