Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I could get this tranny for nothing and have it rebuilt would it be worth it to install? What do you think the total cost would be? Ir should I keep saving for a TKO? Nevermind just awnser the first question...LOL

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
what is it going in???its basically an electronically controlled 700r4...not very spectacular imo...plus, you need a controller for it...b&m sells them, and i dont know what they cost, but i would assume a tranny computer and harness wont be free...i`d probably start off with a 700r4 or even better a 2004r thats already rebuilt...the 2004r is an easier swap imo, because you can use a stock length shaft for th350...buy a crossmember from bto, or make one if you have a little welding and fab skills...the 700 has a deep(3.08) first, so if you have any gear, it`ll be like driving a dumptruck in 1-2 shift...the 2004r has a better (2.67 i think) 1st gear...jmho...

·
Registered
601 Posts
the 4l60-e trans is computer controlled so you need wiring along with tps map and computer. never mind price to get rebuilt. they sell a kit to put trans in earlier car. its about 2000-2500 bux than trans is about 15-2000 done right with heavy duty parts with shift kit and converter.hhmmm how much is that tko?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I was just throwing it out there.... I'm still saving for a TKO. It might have been free thats why I asked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts