Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a nice moser rear end that i want to keep,any nice bolt on 4 links u guys sugest that i would not have to replace my rear end?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Re: 4link???which one?

Most 4-links come with tabs that you weld to your axle tubes to position the rear end perfectly for pinion, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I just made my Triangle 4 Link. Throwed out the leaf springs and installed coilover shocks. I went ahead and did this because I was doing the mini tub. Paying $2,200.00 for one from DSE is a rip in my opinon. Plus, I didn't have to hack out my trunk pan.. :)
I paid around 500 for the heidts coil over shocks and bought some rod ends from Pete and Jake's..around 100 bucks. Some of the materials I bummed off my buddies..lol..That said around 700 to 900 dollars with a little begging and bumming. I'll post some pics to show you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Chris Alston Chassis Works sells the G-Link 4bar suspension that can be ordered with either bolt on or weld on axle brackets.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
After doing a ton of research on these, I decided a four link isnt the way to go, if I did, it would be DSE's, look at Speed Techs rear suspension, I went that way, I also closely looked at TCI's but there were a few things I just didnt care for.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went with a DSE subframe, G-link 4bar, 9" Moser Circle Track rear with floating hubs.

·
Registered
435 Posts
For the achieves I installed the Air Ride/Prodigy bar w/ coil overs and it went pretty well. I chose this as the least invasive to the car. No cutting the floor or trunk.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yup, same thing. Really relatively easy to install.

When I sell my kidney, I will go with the Ridetech AirBar:) It looks to be similar to the Prodigy bar as it's all bolt in, so no cuting required, just a lil welding to the axle tubes.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hey guys...... a great alternative to 3 & 4 links is a Torque Arm. We offer a easy bolt-on kit for guys with 10 & 12 bolts as well as a kit that we supply a bare Ford 9" housing that also bolts right up to your stock undercarriage:

Here is a VERY informative tech article written by our R&D manager explaining what it does:

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/tech/chassis/suspension_steering/1206chp_torque_arm_suspension_systems/

Here is a video of a customer who got 2nd place in Street Machine Class at Kansas Good Guys recently. He is running air over shocks built for ride quality not performance and had not adjusted the roll center via Watt’s Link….. he should be able to cut about 2 seconds off this time just by addressing these issues.

We also have weld-in sub-frame connectors

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey man awesome job on the link what wr the measurements ? Would u share them? Can I give my personal email I'm an engineer and I would like 2 fabricate one set for my self

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'll be installing the Ridetech Airbar/4-link as soon as I iron out a few other issues with my car....and after I install the front suspension! Got a really good deal on cyber monday! Can't wait to get it all installed......but the boxes look good sitting there though! hahaha!!

·
Premium Member
4,007 Posts
I installed a Chris Alston's Chassis Works Fab nine G- four link in December. All weld in. Not a hard job. Took the most part of a day to install. Installed the front frame as well. This was on a 67.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts