Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ppl i just registerd and found out about this site so i was wondering a few things about a swap also with the swap im going to supercharge and prob juice it (nos)

1. what would be the best trans to buy automatic because ive had a leg injury

2. what rear end for haveing at least 550 hp

3. swaping from drum to disc brakes in back can i just buy rotors calipers and mounts for a z or wont it bolt on and i have to buy the kit

4. i plan on getting an lt1 and comp from a z but everthing runs off the comp like insterments and stuff do i have to change these or r these not efected

thx for ur replys im sorta new at this stuff and have been doing allot of customs and stuff

·
Registered
278 Posts
i would go w/ a 4l80e transmission, aftermarket bolt in 12bolt replacement..i think moser makes one, as far as the computer stuff goes im not sure about that. im pretty sure if u find a brake setup off a wrecked z28 that everything will bolt up.

hope this helps

·
Retired
26,652 Posts
That 4th gen should have 4wheel disks already. If it doesn't find a wrecked Z... If you're buying an lt1 out of a wrecked camaro get everything you need from it. Have someone that knows their stuff go through the tranny. Even the SS rear ends go quickly if you put it to it a lot. You might check out www.ls1.com for more on the rear.

If you can afford it, you sure would get some attention if you used an ls1 instead. The lt1 will cost less to hotrod though!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think in 95 or 96 all 4th gen had rear wheel disc but mine is a 94 also should this swap as long as i get everything from a z be relitivly ez?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I think you would be better off starting with an auto Z28 and selling the six unless you can find a wrecked z for cheap. You could buy a running 93-95 z for less than the cost to convert a 6 to 8. In order to do the swamp, you would need an engine, new trany, all mounts, sensors, computer, harness, exhaust, etc. I not sure, but the master cylinder and the cooling system might have to be replaced as well. I know alot of the 6's(3.8) already have the 4L60E which is the same tranny as the z's. I don't know if they can take 550 hp without some mods though. I would also go with an aftermarket 12 bolt from Strange or another company, which can be set up to accept disk brakes. You could get rear disk on a 6 as along as it was ordered with the Y87 performance package which included the z's suspension and limited slip rear end with 3.42 in the auto. I think in 98 chevy made rear disks standard on the base camaro's. The only difference is the front springs are not a stiff as the z28s. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx allot but i plan on buying all the sensors and performance exaust and everythhing i can get into auctions for a wrecked z if i want but i might go with new everything and a perfomance computer now that i think about it so i dont need that at the time money wont be an object really i just want to say its all done my self and be able to beat all the camaro ss's and vetts and what ever else is on the list i live in niagara falls and there aint that many fast cars around here that r street im sticking to street only so itl be different for around here also y i want to do it to this i already have a full custom stereo installed my self and paint im working on at this time its a nice project but thx again and ne other responses would be nice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts