Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting a set of 4th gen camaro or forebird seats in the old 69, to increas comfort and apperance. I was wondering if anybody knows if they will bolt right in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You have to massage them a little bit, but the will fit. You have to put a bolt through the floor for the buckle piece. ALso, weld a nut to the headliner and to the floor for the other piece, the one that wraps around you. I have pics of my '69 that has them in there. I will send them to you when I get home from work.

But in my own opinion, if I had to do over, which Im going to, I would buy a set of Corbeau/Recaro/Trans Am seats and run a racing style harness. For the looks, and for the ease of getting into the back seat.

Hope that this helped.

Robby

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, sorry about that, I dont know how I got crossed on this one. Well, I also have a set of 4th generation camaro seats in my 1969 camaro. I will try to get you pics a.s.a.p. First piece of advice, I WOULD NOT PUT THE CAMARO SEATS IN THERE!!! I would definitely put Trans-Am seats in instead. The support better on the legs, on the sides, and sit a lot more comfortable. I would try to shoot for a 1998 + models. Again, I will try to get you pics, just send me a email and I will return it w/them

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There's a guy here that goes by "kobuzz" that put 2000 Firebird seats and console into a first gen. He posted some links to some pics on photopoint-but you know what happened there...

Maybe he'll chime in and show the pics again??? Looked awesome!

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey kobuzz,
What did you do about the seat belt. You have a convertible and was wondering how you connectedthe to part of the belt? Also has it hard to convert the console and how hard was the emergency brake? Also how did the shifter line up witht he stock location? Sorryy for al the questions but love the console idea!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Kobuzz, looks like the drivers seat has a alignment issue, kinda tilts back towards the centerconsole.. maybe its just the picture angle.

------------------
Chris's 67 RS/SS,can be seen at http://www.67rs.com
check out another site once in a while! http://www.fbodyconnection.com

[This message has been edited by Chris Edwards (edited 03-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Chris Edwards (edited 03-01-2002).]

·
Registered
150 Posts
In these pictures the car dosen't have the seat belts installed. I have a set of Simpson lap belts now.
I had to trim a few inches off one side of the console as they are made to fit the 4th gens floorpan and do not line up straight to the 1st gens. I used the center mounted E-brake because I'm also using the rear disc brakes from the 2000 T/A the rest of the parts were taken from. I had to shorten the main cable and that was it, because of using the rest of the 4th gen E-brake system.
In these pictures I was still running a 350 with a T-400 and was using a Hurst Quarter Stick shifter but I have converted the motor and trans over to a LS1 and 6 speed and moved the console back and I'm using a Pro 5.0 shifter for the 6 speed.
Chris- Yes, the drivers seat back is broken in these pictures. I pulled all the 4th gen parts off a wrecked car and the seat was one of the broken pieces. It has been fixed and all is well now. Good eye!

·
Registered
66 Posts
first of all what are u going to do with your old seats? if you dont plan on selling them or keeping them after the conversion. here is what i did. i took my 68 seats and bolted them to a pice of plywood so i would have the bolt pattern for the floor and then i unbolted the seat from the rails (unboltimg the seats from the rail is a pain in the butt but can be done) then i took the plywood with the rails still bolted on it and when to the local weld shop and the 91 camaro seat welded on the rails i think a shim had to be put on the rail to get it to set right. the reason i whent this way is so i didnt have to drill new holes and my friend put the same seats in his 67 and thay were hard to move the only thing i can think of that the rail are binding cuz of the bolt pattern hope this helps GREG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts