Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've purchased a 00' 3.8l v6 camaro recently, and about three weeks after the purchase I've been experincing issues while trying to start my camaro or while i'm driving. Starting with the starting problems, upon turning the key, the vehicle will turn over for a second and then go right back off. Then, while I'll be driving it will start sputtering and then just shutdown the entire camaro. I'll lose power-steering and everything. The camaro also runs low RPMs while idling. I've thought it was the fuel pump, but i'm suspecting it's something much more serious now. If anyone has any ideas of what it could please feel free to help me out!

·
Super Moderator
32,907 Posts
Could be a couple items
1. Fuell pump relay needs replacing - contacts inside could have carbon build-up limiting power to the pump and pump shutting off.
2. Injector power relay needs replacement - injectors get battery power to one terminal and other wire goes to the PCM - see #1.
3. Ignition control module - the 'tray' the coils are bolted upon - See #1, plus module itself may be taking a vacation South.
4. Could be the power leads upon the starter solenoid post need removal and wire brushed - corrosion - clean battery posts.
5. Alternator output very low, as in not recharging the battery or no power coming out of it.

Oh, and welcome to the Club.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts