Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As any 4th Generation owner is aware of accessing your drivers seat is cumbersome, (especially if you are tall or simply a big man, neither of which I am). Over time I simply got used to sliding into my seat in more of a "normal" sideways position as with other vehicles. Unfortunately due to the tight space constraint between the bottom of the steering wheel and the seat, (even with seat as far back as possible), excessive wear to the leather surface on the outward (vertical portion) of the seat has worn through.
Other Camaro owners I know have a remedy that makes common sense. Remember to enter by first sitting in the seat at a right angle with the car, (feet on the ground), then rotate 90-degress into the cabin, (feet toward). It works and should lesson the excessive wear on the seat.:thumbsup: ..Now if I can drill this into my head before having my seat repaired, everything will be cool.;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..now onto the passenger side seat of my 4th Gen. Camaro.
The seat "positioning" lever on the front underside has not worked for awhile. Since I rarely have a passenger riding with me other than my Sweetie, (who is very petite), It hasn't bothered me that much.
The other day I attempted to analyze the mechanism under the seat in an effort to determine how it functions. I noticed two long (narrow) springs that seem to connect on both sides of the "chair" railing by use of a "hook". It appears that the hook on the outside spring has severed off. The spring is simply detached thereby making the lever inoperable. Since the passenger seat is manual rather than electrical, is removal of the seat that difficult of a task? I identified four bolts which hold the seat to the chassis, but I am uncertain how easy it will be to access them.
In need of feedback from a tech or someone with knowledge.:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Doug - I merged both threads into one for clarity since they are about the same issue.

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
No problem - On your passenger seat issue, most of the gens without electronics and air bags just unbolt the four corners and lift.

Not too sure there is a good solution for the drivers side entry issue if you don't have tilt wheel other then maybe returning the seat to the rear position when getting out. maybe shoot Waylon Krumrie a pm or drop a line in the TMIProducts forum for recover advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts