Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Looks Great!! Looks almost like it rolled off the line like that.

PS. How much of a pain was it to install the floor mounted e-brake handle?

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice wagon
'98 Malibu

[This message has been edited by bretcopsey (edited 04-05-2001).]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. When I dissasembled the donor car I cut the brackets off the floor and pop-riveted the console ones in the 67, but I bolted the E-brake handle through the floor for added strength.

There are more pics. in the Test Drive section. Haven't figured how to link the whole album yet

[This message has been edited by kobuzz (edited 04-05-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Kobuzz, very sweet!!! I'll bet it's comfortable. Nice job. Have a drink on me.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looks nice!

Do you think the console and e-brake would work on a 4 speed? Looks like the e-brake handle would interfer with the shifter.

What did you do with the stock e-brake pedel and how did you reroute the cable?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spitfire--don't know about the 4-speed, never had one
I put the console in because I'm switching to a 6-speed. That way I can use the T/A's shifter and boot. As for the 67's E-brake, right now the handle is still in the car. I used the T/A's cables and drilled a hole in the floor to keep them under the console. I'm using the T/A's rear disc so everything went together like it was in the T/A. I just had to get a cable "U" clamp because the main cable was too long. Just had to shorten it a little.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I'm impressed. There's hope for us all. Thanks for the posting. What kind of prices do these seats get?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the positive comments!! I like the seats but I think they will have to grow a little more on me. I'm used to seats with no headrests and these are above the tops of the doors. I think they would look better in a coupe. My seats are 6-way power and have Power lumbar. I've seen these seats go for around $600 for the pair. That's really pretty good since I was looking at Corbeau and Recaro and there HIGH priced. You get pretty much the same features with these. Plus you can put the other $1000 somewhere else. I took some pictures of the brackets I made but they came out too dark. I'll be taking some more real soon.I didn't modify the seat tracks. The front 2 holes line up and I made the brackets for the rear. One of the seat holes on the front of each seat was lower than the other side but instead of building it up with something I just used the power adjust to even it out. I hope I answered everyone.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey KOBUZZ!!! We are having a cruise down here April 21st. Come join us!!! We also will be doing the Power Tour.

Look at the calendar on the following website.

Check this out:
http://www.northtxcamaros.com

[This message has been edited by sr71bb (edited 04-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm impressed. I love it when someone doesn't insist on finding a bolt in or direct replacement. That's half the fun of this hobby/sport. Well done.

69er

------------------
69 Camaro 454
71 Nova 454

If your not living on the edge then your taking up too much space

·
Registered
6 Posts
kobuzz
Just purchased a set of 2000 trans am seats from local salvage yard. Both seats have a two hose air line with plug for the lumbar bags. Looks to me that the compressor for the lumbar is under the passinger seat which has two hoses going to the lumbar bags in that seat. Does this compressor also supply the drivers seat? And if so can you remember if there is a "jumper hose link" that might run under the console to connect the drivers seat to the compressor under the passinger seat? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,640 Posts
Wow, this post got resurrected (5 years later). Rallysporttom, there is a hose that runs from one seat to the other (for lumbar air).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the response even 5 years later! I would like to know where the hose is routed through the car so that I can get it from the salvage yard. Thanks in advance for everyones help and thanks team camoro for a great site!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,640 Posts
If I remember right, the hose is under the carpet and the console from one seat to the other. Also get any associated wiring that is part of the seat set up. I salvaged my seats (that are still not installed) out of a lt1 firebird.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your help and interest. I have returned to the salvage yard and removed the vacum and electical harness. This makes the install a simple hot wire and ground hookup. The seats are installed and fit the 69 very well and the comfort is a big improvement over the factory seats. Can not wait for this summers road trips with my new seats. Thanks again team Camaro for this fantastist web site!
Rallysporttom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts