Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea if the v6 car will be quicker than our 4th gen ls1s ? I hope the new v6s dont make my 02 SS look bad.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Considering the lower horsepower and torque ratings, and the heavier weight, I would seriously doubt the V6 could touch it.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
It'll be close but I think the 4th gen Z28 or SS will come out on top with equal drivers. I was reading a R&T or some other new car rag at the dentist's office and they did a 2010 V6 Camaro vs a 2010 V8 Mustang comparison and in the 1/4 mile the Camaro was up by about 1/10 sec...

·
Super Moderator
32,355 Posts
Wouldn't it be the talk of the media if the Camaro V6 weighed in at 2400 lbs.? - 8 lbs/HP
One of the mags just had an article on the new Camaro and there was a black one w/black interior, black wheels, and a V6 - nice looking car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It'll be close but I think the 4th gen Z28 or SS will come out on top with equal drivers. I was reading a R&T or some other new car rag at the dentist's office and they did a 2010 V6 Camaro vs a 2010 V8 Mustang comparison and in the 1/4 mile the Camaro was up by about 1/10 sec...
What were the ETs and MPHs?

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
What were the ETs and MPHs?
It was an automotive rag not a gear head rag. ;) They talked about the Camaro being heavier than the mustang but had more HP and gave the Camaro the performance catagory win because it beat the Mustang by a 10th in the quarter mile...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts