Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a nice 5 leaf spring set for a 69 ?? I would like the stock ride height restored.

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
You did not mention your application but 5 leafs could make car set too high but you can always remove one leaf if you need to. Maybe the last one or second to last one if necessary. Not a big deal. I would run it a while and let them settle down before removing anything.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to remove a leaf with the multi-spring cluster still installed in the car or does need to be removed first.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Heart beat City sells the right ones. They have the correct ride height and they also are exact in appearance. I bought a set for my 69 SS about 6-7 years ago.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heart beat City sells the right ones. They have the correct ride height and they also are exact in appearance. I bought a set for my 69 SS about 6-7 years ago.
Remember how much and who made them??

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
I believe when I bought mine, they were $369.

They are exact as my originals in appearance and the ride height is perfect.
I bought some 5 leafs from one of the repop companies back then. They came and I installed them but it sat a little high. I was going to order from eaton, but they dont have the original look I wanted.
The HB springs are definately more expensive and HB is the only one selling this style of spring. These are not what everyone else carries.

http://www.heartbeatcity.com/store/product/16816/Camaro-Leaf-springs--5-leaf--correct--68-69/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69-Camaro-SS-Z-28-Correct-Rear-5-Leaf-Springs-188_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a32ca61bQQitemZ230370879003QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can anyone recommend a nice 5 leaf spring set for a 69 ?? I would like the stock ride height restored.
I've built a few old Camaros and Novas and in my experience the 5 leaf spring sits too high and the three leaf sits a little too low so I would recommend you go with the 4 leaf spring. If you are only able to get the 5 leaf version then you can remove just one leaf.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys. I think the Heartbeat city ones is what I was looking for. I think they may be the same as the ones Ricks has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts