Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of building a new engine for my 67 camaro, finding 6.2 carillo rods on ebay for $100,, I understand the to good to be true theory but they are used.... sellers are 99% positive so they can't be total crap... wondering if a reconditioned $2400 set of rods would be worth anything but braggin rights? I am thinking AFR heads, forged crank,, maybe 400-450hp.. so cmon guys,, surely there are strong opinions on this subject...
and what is the detriment to using 6.2 V 6.0?

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Re: 6.2 carillo rods??

They typically use a rod like that in a large bore short stroke application for NASCAR. What pin and rod journal size are they? They probably have smaller pins and rod journals.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Having a custom piston made with the pin at the correct height may cost more than you're saving with those rods.
Scat's "ProComp" (terrible name now with the cheezy ProComp products on the market) are the best bang for the buck, they'll fit stroker apps with no grinding and are tough, tough, less than $300 a set new. God only knows what those Carillos have been through...

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
What engine? What stroke? Anything more than 3.48" in a standard deck block and the piston is going to be all skirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts