Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a '68 conv that was originally a 6 cyl car. The owner installed a 454 with a th400 and did not complete the job. I have since finished the work and noticed it acts like a dog. So, while examining the carb (holley dp 750) I noticed the secondaries don't open all the way. It seams the accel cable is too short Does anybody know if any big block accel cable will work? Also, I noticed there is no kickdown linkage going to the trans. Should there be? Can anybody explain what it should wat it should look like (or at least what parts i need to buy)? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can't answer the question on the cable. My setup uses mechanical linkage out of a 68 SS350 car. The TH400 use an electronic kickdown. In stock form, they will have an actuator attached to the carb linkage. The actuator looks like a brake switch. This runs down to the transmission, with an actuator on the drivers side. Lokar Products make a nice setup, but it's $$$.

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73

·
Registered
571 Posts
Check the throttle linkage inside the car, Some newer GM models hooked a slider switch at the pedal arm for the kick down switch.

Correct me if I am wrong, gut I believe you should be able to adjust the secondary throttle opening by way of of the carb linkage, you may have to bend a rod or relocate the rod to a different hole.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just another thought what about fuel delivery, Is this fuel line the larger 3/8" or is it still the 5/16" line?

Can you trim the outer casing of the cable to give a longer inner cable? Can you move the carb mounting loction closer to the carb?
Can you bend the pedal arm closer to the fire wall mounting to get more slack?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts