Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO - I have bin fighting soft peddle for over 6 months (longer really).
New POL hydro boost system with Willwood master.
ALL brake lines are NEW (except the long hard line going from the prop valve to the rear end).
Front lines are steel braided and rear are new rubber.

I have posted about this in the past but some components have bin changed.
Factory front disk - Rear is aftermarket disk upgrade. The rear have bin properly adjusted.

I don't understand why I still have a soft peddle.....
Only things I can think of is #1 I got a bad new MC from Willwood.
OR #2 There is some Bermuda Triangle crap going on with that Old Hard-line that runs down the frame rail?

I think my next step is to change that Old long Hard-line and maybe upgrade the rear rubber lines to steel braided?

What I am asking is what do you guys think? ANY ideas or input on this deal are welcome.
Thanks, Cory C

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
931 Posts
SO - I have bin fighting soft peddle for over 6 months (longer really).
New POL hydro boost system with Willwood master.
ALL brake lines are NEW (except the long hard line going from the prop valve to the rear end).
Front lines are steel braided and rear are new rubber.

I have posted about this in the past but some components have bin changed.
Factory front disk - Rear is aftermarket disk upgrade. The rear have bin properly adjusted.

I don't understand why I still have a soft peddle.....
Only things I can think of is #1 I got a bad new MC from Willwood.
OR #2 There is some Bermuda Triangle crap going on with that Old Hard-line that runs down the frame rail?

I think my next step is to change that Old long Hard-line and maybe upgrade the rear rubber lines to steel braided?

What I am asking is what do you guys think? ANY ideas or input on this deal are welcome.
Thanks, Cory C
What rear calipers are you using?

·
15,638 Posts
Air in system or leak.

Or more likely the E-brake not adjusted correctly BEFORE bleeding brakes

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air in system or leak
well Air but where and or how? I have honestly bled over 3 liters threw these lines. I mean - bleeding brakes is not that hard... I am just supper stumped

If it was a leak - I would see it and I have checked every joint repeatedly.

·
15,638 Posts
well Air but where and or how? I have honestly bled over 3 liters threw these lines. I mean - bleeding brakes is not that hard... I am just supper stumped

If it was a leak - I would see it and I have checked every joint repeatedly.
Did you adjust the e-brake on the caliper correctly before bleeding?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you adjust the e-brake on the caliper correctly before bleeding?

Yes - covered that In the past. I can link that thread.
ALSO - I know you need to loosen and rotate the rear caliber so the bleed screws are at 12 O cloock

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take lines of MC and plug MC ports. Press on pedal. If pedal goes down. I would suspect a bleed across between reservoirs. If not, then a leak at a piston or more air in the system.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
The long hard line is just a pipe. If it's not leaking, replacing it will just make you have to bleed the entire system again. It's either in the calipers " very problematic" , or the master cylinder. Those calipers were problematic from the assembly line.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Take lines of MC and plug MC ports. Press on pedal. If pedal goes down. I would suspect a bleed across between reservoirs. If not, then a leak at a piston or more air in the system.
yes - I have actually did this a few times and this is the 2nd MC that had still not had a Hard peddle. Its gets stiffer at the end of the stroke

The long hard line is just a pipe. If it's not leaking, replacing it will just make you have to bleed the entire system again. It's either in the calipers " very problematic" , or the master cylinder. Those calipers were problematic from the assembly line.
I 100% agree with the Line being a Pipe - I just willing to try anything... Heck - maybe I need to replace the new calipers with more new calipers??? They have bin adjusted - But I don't know what else to do

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE Just spoke with Wilwood tech. They are thinking it Might be a volume issue because of my Front Calipers? I am going to check that and get back with them on Monday. At least its something to look into, At this point I am lost so this is something anyways

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400
499 Posts
For what it’s worth……I think the first plunge shows no air but the second one shows enough air to cause trouble.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read through, but did you bench bleed the master cylinder? That may seem trivial, but it’s always best to eliminate that as a source of trapped air.
Yes I did

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I experienced an issue when vacuum bleeding factory 4 piston front calipers.
The vacuum caused the pistons to retract on the opposite side caliper to the one I was trying to bleed. Apparently when retracted, vacuum can pull air past the piston o-rings on these calipers.

Reactions: dhutton
1 - 20 of 144 Posts