Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,531 Posts
1996 6 speed trany what do you know

are they reliable?
Depends on the application. You might: (1) give us a little more information concerning the tranny in question, and (2) do a search.

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
I'll guess that your talking about an f-body t56. In that case they are underrated at 400 ft. lbs. They are strong trannies and can be made practically bullet proof if you've got the doe. Do a search and you'll find more than enough info. Also check out www.ls1tech.com and www.cz28.com as they are experts on 93-97 f-bods.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I put a T-56 out of a 97 Z/28 in mine. I have a blown big block with a narrowed 9" with 18.5 wide soft compound M/T Sprotsmans. So if anyone is gonna test how strong they are, it will be me. The car is going to be on the road soon. I've done a few burnouts in front of the house with it so far so good...lol. I'm thinking it will be fine for street use.... I hope!

Ya think this engine plus these tires will break it???

We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
601 Posts
if it is a stock 6 spd it will break it. be easy on 3rd and 4th gear than it would be fine they got racing keys for syncro. if you cant get it out of 3rd or 4th than your keys broke

·
Registered
953 Posts
if it is a stock 6 spd it will break it. be easy on 3rd and 4th gear than it would be fine they got racing keys for syncro. if you cant get it out of 3rd or 4th than your keys broke
It's a stock unit in the car now. Once I get the car on the road, and get any bugs worked out with the car, I will be looking into a bullet proof unit. Then I'll test out how pullet proof it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts