Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyne tell me if the power steering pump bracket goes between the block and the engine mount or between the mount and the bolts?

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Pretty sure mine is beween the block and mount.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Can anyne tell me if the power steering pump bracket goes between the block and the engine mount or between the mount and the bolts?
It goes between the bolt and the mount; if you put it between the mount and the block, the bracket will be crooked, and the mount will be misaligned to the frame bracket.

:beers:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense. I'll remove the 2 bolts on the mount and try to get the bracket on top of the mount and not under it. thanks..I'll post my result

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bracket I was using actually goes between block and mount because the bracket is unable to get past the flange if you attempt to bolt it on top of the motor mount. I found and used a different bracket instead. This one attaches under the front pump bracket and the front bolt of the motor mount. It seems to work nicely because I was able to install the pump with all necessary bolts and nuts. The one issue is the pump pulley doesn't line up with the front groove of the double pulley on the harmonic balancer, it's off by about 1/2". Any ideas? fyi, m/s to p/s conversion.
ps.. I tried to attached an image but site prevents me due to the 80KB attachement puts me 80KB over quota but I only have 2 other attachments on file.. both relatively small.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Look in the parts catalogs for the power steering pully. You may have the wrong one now. I have two separate pullies on the balancer. A shallow pully for the PS that goes between the balancer and the pully for the water pump. Everything lines up fine.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't able to open the link to parts123. flyingskibiker, can you send me a picture and more info of the bracket you have sitting around

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts