Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can any one tell me if some one sells new fuse box's and does anyone have a picture of the difference between 67 and 68 box's i have my box apart and there is quite a bit of corrosion on all the post for the fuses and on the terminal i spraied the post with dioxit they cleaned up pretty good but the fuse side is pited prety bad i am going out today and see if i can clean them up and while i am asking there are two unused fuse spaces in the box did or is there fuse clips that can be put in there ?
thanks tony

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Tony,
67 and 68 fuse boxes are different. 67's have square pin connectors at the fire wall. 68 and up have flat blade connectors at the firewall. I got alot of connectore from Mark at MAD Electrical years ago for my 68. But on my 67 I just used a Painless kit and rewired the complete car upgrading to Blade style fuses and relays.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
years ago in the 70's my 67 had a elect fire and i stripped out a junk yard wiring harness out of a 68 and installed it in my 67.. about 6 years ago i went thru the harness inspected and rewrapped it the wires are in great shape so i dont need the to replace them if i could buy a new or good shape box (68) i will replace it

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I looked in my American Auto-wire catalog and found this:

34625 FUSE BOX, new, including bus bars (specify application) $110.00
34630 FUSE BOX, new, including bus bars, when ordered with a dash harness reconditioning $25.00
Give them a try.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Yes, AAW for sures...

And there are a couple unpopulated spots in the '68 fuse box, to answer your other question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts